10-Day Imperience Retreat
Learn about the inner forces that have been configuring your life, and receive the master key to a state of lasting inner peace and empowerment. The Sat Yoga Imperience Retreat offers you the precious time and space to reflect deeply on the challenges you are facing and how to overcome them through the timeless science of Sat Yoga.
In this 10-day program you will be guided through an extraordinary body of knowledge developed by Shunyamurti, the founder and director of the Sat Yoga Institute. You will be presented with a clear conceptual map of the human spirit that will help you make sense of your external life experience as well as the realm of imperience, the mysterious inner dimension of your being which includes dreams, visions, pranic and kundalini energies, spiritual intuition, as well as the shadow: the traumas, fantasies and the deeply rooted knots that reside in the unconscious. Armed with a clear understanding and vision of your life’s trajectory you will be empowered to move forward with a renewed sense of meaning, towards the achievement of your highest potential.
Starting with the Sat Yoga Meditation Weekend, this retreat consists of a carefully developed program of practical wisdom classes offered in small group settings, daily meditation sittings, healing art classes, group discussions, satsangs in the company of Shunyamurti, and opportunities to enjoy the beautiful natural setting of the Sat Yoga Ashram.
Rest, reflect and meditate deeply on what you have discovered, and rejuvenate in a sacred mountain refuge of peace and natural beauty. Leave inspired and strengthened by the spiritual knowledge that will allow you to realize your ultimate destiny.
What will you learn in this retreat?
- Learn about the importance of meditation, about the obstacles to achieving stillness of mind, and understand what is required in order to maintain an effective meditative practice.
- Understand the basic structure of the human ego, how it operates and affects your day to day life, and inhibits your development to higher states of consciousness.
- Discover a map of human consciousness from Ego, to Soul to Spirit and understand the universal trajectory of the soul’s development and where you are in the journey…
- Explore the the basics of the Sat Yoga spiritual practice and understand how to make use of these timeless principles to rise beyond your current state of consciousness, and to achieve victory over illusion and suffering.
And much much more…
“I went to this retreat with no expectations but hoping that it was going to be life changing. I laugh now, but at the retreat I cried a lot. A lot of feelings came up but the experience was truly amazing, amazing, amazing… We were taught that there are events that change our lives, and for me the retreat was such an event. It totally brought me to a crossroads where a decision had to be made – to live in Truth or not. The teachings made perfect sense and helped me realize that I have a lot of inner work to do to let go of what I have been carrying for so long.” ~ Fabian Villa Michel, Costa Rica
The program includes…
- 10 day/9 nights
- Sat Yoga Meditation Weekend
- Accommodations in our charming bhavans (cabinas)
- Delicious vegetarian meals with ingredients from our organic gardens and the local farmer’s market
- Daily “Imperience Retreat” wisdom classes offered in small group settings
- 4:00am meditations in the healing energy field of the Sat Yoga sangha (community)
- Evening classes (daily) which include meditation sittings, Sat Yoga community classes and satsangs with Shunyamurti
- Dedicated time to journal and reflect about what you have discovered
- Transformational & healing arts classes
- Optional asana (hatha yoga) practice
- Time for walks in the beautiful natural setting of the ashram
- Participation in karma yoga (selfless service) at various ashram departments including kitchen, gardens and housekeeping
Sample Daily Schedule
The retreat begins with a Sat Yoga Meditation Weekend and continues with a daily schedule that offers a balance of inward and outward activities:
- 4:00 – 4:45 Morning Meditation
- 4:45 – 6:30 Free time for reflection / walks in nature / asana practice
- 6:30 – 8:00 Opportunity for service in the community kitchen and gardens
- 8:00 – 8:45 Breakfast
- 8:45 – 9:15 Clean up and chores
- 9:15 – 11:00 Quiet time to reflect and process
- 11:00 – 1:00 Imperience Retreat wisdom class
- 1:00 – 1:45 Lunch
- 1:45 – 2:15 Clean up and chores
- 2:15 – 5:30 Quiet time to reflect / optional afternoon activity
- 5:30 – 7:00 Evening Class ( meditation/ satsang / study group)
- 7:00 – 7:30 Dinner
- 7:30 – 8:00 Dinner Clean up
- 9:00 – 3:30 Dream time
$1,100* This includes a 10 day/9 night stay in shared accommodation (2-3 in a room) plus all meals and activities. Please inquire about private accommodations.*Book before November 1 for 2017 prices.