SAT YOGA ASHRAM IMMERSION
A study and transformation intensive
The Sat Yoga 4-week (or 10-day) Ashram Immersion Program is for serious spiritual seekers wishing to immerse themselves in an intensive process of spiritual study, meditation, inner work, egoless service, self-discipline, and dharma-based community life.
This full immersion in the ashram community will intensify and bring to life your spiritual growth as you apply what you have learned into your daily interactions, meditations, communal service, and self-reflection. It is offered for those who are eager to pursue an accelerated path to ego transcendence and the ultimate spiritual goal of Self-realization.
The Immersion Program begins with a Meditation Weekend* an ideal introduction to teachings of Shunyamurti and a first opportunity to experience the energy field and unique way of life at the Sat Yoga Ashram. The Immersion Program consists of daily theoretical classes offered in small group settings, participation in community meditation sittings and classes, and satsangs with Shunyamurti. Each day there are several opportunities for independent reflection, study, journaling and free time to enjoy the beautiful natural setting of the Sat Yoga Ashram. You will also participate in communal service – seva – in the gardens, kitchen, housekeeping and other areas of daily activity.
You will enter into a deep process of inner work and transformation that will be fueled by integrating the teachings into your day-to-day life, studying the inner workings of the ego structure, and tapping into previously unexplored areas of your being through artistic expression and exploration. As an immersion student, you will uphold the Yamas and Niyamas, the ethical yogic guidelines by which our community abides for the duration of your stay here. Your transformation will also be significantly accelerated by engaging in one-to-one transformational sessions with a trained guide.
*In some occasions a 7 or 9-day Shunyamurti led Retreat
The Immersion Program Includes
- A Meditation Weekend* to introduce you to your stay
- Intensive daily theoretical classes to study deeply the Sat Yoga knowledge of the dynamics of ego, soul, and Atman (classes are not held on Sundays)
- Full participation in all ashram and community classes and retreats/programs (visit our calendar here)
- The option of individual transformational sessions, based on the unique approach called Atmanology (separate cost involved, read more below)
- 7 – 10 weekly hours of seva (communal service)
- Shared accommodations
- All meals (vegetarian)
*In some occasions a 7 or 9-day Shunyamurti led Retreat
Sample Daily Schedule
- 4:00 – 5:00am – Community morning meditation
- 5:00 – 6:30am – Personal time: rest, reflect, exercise, read, meditate
- 6:30 – 8:00am – Seva (communal service)
- 8:00 – 8:45am – Breakfast
- 9:00 – 10:50am – Theoretical immersion class
- 11:00 – 1:00pm – Personal reflection time (journaling assignment) or optional seva
- 1:00 – 1:45pm – Lunch
- 1:45 – 2:30pm – Clean up and chores
- 2:30 – 5:30pm – Personal time
- 5:30 – 7:00pm – Community evening meditation or class
- 7:00 – 7:30pm – Optional dinner
- 9:00pm – Lights Out
The core of our ashram is the Sat Yoga Institute – a school for advanced studies in psycho-spiritual transformation grounded in the ever-evolving teachings of Shunyamurti, an accomplished spiritual teacher in the Gyana Yoga (higher knowledge) tradition. We offer a profound synthesis of the most subtle wisdom-teachings of both East and West. Shunyamurti has faithfully translated the knowledge of the ancient yogic sciences into relevant, usable contemporary terms and integrated with the world’s religions, mythologies, and shamanic traditions, as well as the hard sciences and Western postmodern philosophical thought.
The Sat Yoga path leads to an accurate understanding of all levels of consciousness: it is a path that requires (and develops) the willingness and ability to think clearly and deeply, the courage to face painful issues, and the perseverance to transform and reach ever higher levels of spiritual potential. This deepening process of self-understanding, and of understanding reality as a whole, is cultivated through daily classes, study groups, reading assignments, creative classes and activities, individual transformational sessions, as well as our intensive retreats.
- The Sat Yoga Kundalini Map
- The 10 Yogas
- The 10 Universal Traumas
- The Personality Strategies
- The 7 Levels of Ego Development
- The 7 Realms of Knowledge
- The 7 Realms of Intelligence Development
- The 7 Types of Meditation
Radha Ma is the Gyana Director and head of the teaching team at the Sat Yoga Ashram. She is the director of the Immersion Program curriculum and leads many of the classes alongside other ashram teaching staff.
She is the ashram’s first clinical atmanologist, as well as the ashram Musical Director.
One-to-One Transformational Sessions
At the heart of our transformational approach to living are individual transformation sessions, based on the unique approach called Atmanology. Atmanology is not psychology, psychoanalysis, or Jungian analysis—but the process begins from where they leave off, entering the highest spiritual vibrational levels. Ego transcendence and transformation, healing and inner peace are the goals. The process can catalyze liberation from ego, healing of body and emotional trauma, and profound new understanding and transformation of life. These sessions are led by either Shunyamurti or Radha Ma or another trained atmanologist. The fees for these sessions are calculated separately from the program fee and will vary according to each person’s requirements. We strongly encourage all Immersion Students to participate in sessions. More information about costs will be provided as part of your application process.
General Requirements for Prospective Applicants
- A sincere interest and, ideally, some experience in meditation, and a genuine desire to practice a less egocentric mode of living
- Commitment to the goal of ego transformation and transcendence is always at the core of everything we do. For this reason, we ask participants to commit to the keeping of the Yamas and Niyamas (ethical yogic vows) and upholding our Ashram Guidelines for the duration of their stay here.
- Familiarity and resonance with Shunyamurti’s teachings before applying.
- Completion of Shunyamurti’s book, “The Transformational Imperative” before arriving (buy The Transformational Imperative now)
- A willingness to take part in transformational healing (Atmanology) sessions (see above for more deatils)
- The ability to cheerfully cope with the challenges of living in an active, and hard-working monastic community
- The ability to adapt to our diet which is strictly vegetarian, with some gluten free and vegan options available. Although we aim to cater to everyone’s dietary needs and preferences, we cannot accommodate acute food sensitivities or allergies
- A willingness to live in a remote location: we are 45 minutes drive from clinics, shops, and other services, and there is no regular shuttle service or public transportation directly to the ashram
- Financial resources to cover your personal needs (including all insurances, medical care/emergencies, transportation, and visa costs if coming from another country) for the duration of your stay
- You must be at least 18 years old by your prospective date of arrival
Extensions of the length of the immersion retreat may be offered to those who wish to stay longer than a month. Please enquire with our registration team firstname.lastname@example.org
Want to know more?
For any questions please write to email@example.com
For more Information about registration, application and arrival please visit our FAQ page