9-DAY SILENT SHUNYAMURTI RETREAT
Nine days of Wisdom, Silence, and Healing
Enter a luminous energy field of peace, power, and divine love. Re-awaken your heart’s deepest calling for authentic spiritual liberation and your soul’s yearning for connection with the Source of Love. Join us for a nine-day interior pilgrimage of self-transfiguration in the overwhelming beauty of deep inner silence.
These tribal meditation intensives have, until this point, been open only to our ashram residents and close sangha members for the accelerated development of our psycho-spiritual understanding and power of meditative silence toward the attainment of true Self-realization. This year, we are inviting those outside the sangha who feel an urgent need for more silence, deeper meditation, and complete healing of karmic wounds to join us for one of our advanced transformational events.
During this retreat, Shunyamurti will offer frequent teachings and lead satsangs to give many opportunities to participants to come out briefly from external silence and ask the deepest questions that arise from the heart. But we will emphasize attaining vairagya (dispassion) and mastery of the power of silence.
We hope you can join us for this very special retreat dedicated to soul purification and ego death, enabling you to attain the Supreme Liberation.
“Silence is our essential Being. Dwell in the Silence that is the Self, and all karma, all our suffering and all illusions, will fall away. Only timeless blissful peace remains.” ~ Shunyamurti
This retreat will offer you:
Balance & Restoration
Be immersed in a way of being that is truly balanced, and connected to the beauty and sacredness of every moment…
- Morning asana and pranayama practice
- Healthful and delicious vegetarian meals prepared in Ruchira, our ashram kitchen, with mindful loving attention, using the finest ingredients sourced from our ashram fields and local farms
- A daily nutrient-rich smoothie with freshly harvested garden greens, tropical fruits, locally-sourced superfoods, and medicinal herbs
- Opportunities for a few morning fasts, to enable participation in advanced pranayamas, which bring more sattvic inwardness and silence, more empowered concentration, and purity of heart in deep meditations
Healing & Reflection
Nurture your inner Being in an energy field of serenity, joy, and silence…
- A space of contemplation and meditation supported and safely contained by Shunyamurti and a dedicated yogic community
- Three daily formal meditation sittings to deepen your own spiritual practice. Extinguish the noise and chaos of the chattering mind, repair the soul, and allow the sublime reality of Infinite Peace and Wisdom to unfold within
- Walk in beautiful Nature, reflect, journal, and meditate in the abundant tropical gardens and pristine environment of the Ashram
- Daily Wisdom Classes with Shunyamurti
- Sacred Satsang gatherings. Shunya will be offering the opportunity to ask questions and receive guidance throughout this retreat. These gatherings will be an opportunity to come out of external silence and resolve the deepest matters of the heart. Achieve clarity and empowerment for the year ahead…
- Leap through this window of opportunity to overcome all inner obstacles, so we may truly celebrate together our coming out of darkness and ignorance and coming to live in the Supreme Light!
International Visitors –$1900
Costa Rica Residents – please inquire for a local price.
Your contribution includes shared accommodations in one of our delightful cabins, all meals, and activities during your stay. Single supplement is available for an additional fee.
More Information about retreats:
Mouth watering vegetarian and vegan meals that are integral to our ashram life and retreats. In our retreat we serve three hearty meals each day plus snacks. Dishes are created from organic produce grown in our own gardens or sourced from neighboring farms, or when necessary brought from the local feria (farmers market).
Nestled among flourishing gardens and cloud forests, our six comfortable bhavans (spiritual abodes), offer an ideal environment to embark on a profound inner journey. Each simple, yet tastefully designed, room provides comfortable sleeping space for one to three, with private single rooms often available upon request for a supplemental fee.
Our accommodations offer pleasant and spacious shared bathrooms as well as private balconies and large windows that overlook the natural beauty of the surrounding forests and gardens. The soothing sounds of flowing water and sweet songs of native birds (and sometimes the awesome howls of monkeys!) provide the perfect conditions for meditation and relaxation.
Getting to Us
Our Ashram is located in the Pérez Zeledon region of southern Costa Rica, an estimated 4-hour journey (by car/bus) from the capital, San Jose. You can arrive with your own 4X4 vehicle, with a carpool or by a combination of bus and a taxi. We usually have pre-arranged carpool or bus groups that leave from San Jose the morning of the event. When needed, we use a reliable taxi service to bring guests to our ashram from the nearest town, San Isidro. Once you are registered for the event, you will receive more information about arrival and departure options from our registration coordinator, Amrita. If you are flying in to Costa Rica, we recommend that you arrive to the Juan Santamaría International Airport in San Jose (SJO) at least one day before the event starts. From there, you can spend the night in San Jose area or go directly to San Isidro where there are several hotel options.
Or write to us – firstname.lastname@example.org